Poll

Should there be a forum thread that Voidrazor members can vote on to decide whether a player should be promoted or not?

Yes
No

Author Topic: POLL: Promotion voting  (Read 2919 times)

Dasubliminal

• Minecraft moderator
  • Always watching you on Minecraft. Always.
    • dasub.com
POLL: Promotion voting
« on: October 21, 2011, 02:02:57 am »
It's come to my attention that the whole "5 votes from Senior Member+ and you're promoted" rule is a little flawed. Mainly because hardly any Senior Members are regular Minecrafters anymore. Instead I've noticed that the Junior Members are stepping up to the plate and becoming more active whether it's with building or helping out new guys. So here's my suggestion:

If the Staff (or anyone else for that matter) believe that a person is ready for a promotion, they post a forum thread entitled "*playername* promotion". Then any forum member (including themselves I guess) can vote yes or no for the promotion. When the vote reaches a certain number (at the moment it's 5, but if the person can vote for themselves I recommend 6 or above), the player is promoted to Junior, and a higher number of votes will promote them to Senior (exact numbers can be worked out later).

CHANGES TO THE CURRENT SYSTEM:
Everyone's vote counts. Admins, Moderators, Senior Members, Junior Members and Guests. If this is a problem I'm sure workarounds can be found, such as ignoring the votes of certain people or ranks.

No more waiting for Senior Members to actually log on. I had a look through the list of Senior Members registered on the forum and I can honestly say I've only seen maybe 5 Senior Members online in the last 2 weeks.

No more "word of mouth" promotions. As there is no hard documentation of the promising Guests/Juniors a lot are being overlooked. For example, I see a good builder, I log on Vent to share the news and nobody is available to check out their stuff (busy, AFK, whatever). So I wait, and probably forget by the next day. Not always the case as eventually their stuff is seen and judged, but it's still irritating for the players I'd say.

So yeah, once again a short story in a forum thread but I hope at least someone reads most of it, I think it's pretty valid. Let me know if I've missed anything.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 02:08:31 am by Dasubliminal »

vDepth

• Administrator
Re: POLL: Promotion voting
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 08:45:14 am »
+1

Puffbrother

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 01:34:10 pm »
Just a question. Can anyone do one of these voting threads/posts? And if, how?

Aurilite

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 05:30:28 pm »
You see where it says "New topic" to create a new post? Well next to it there's "New poll". Use your eyes, would you?

Puffbrother

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 10:45:07 pm »
Thank you Beetus, that was very helpful, even though you tried to be rude and all.

Dasubliminal

• Minecraft moderator
    • dasub.com
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 11:02:20 pm »
He's pretty good like that :P

Insulting, yet surprisingly helpful and perfectly relevant.

cunatuna

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2011, 11:36:03 pm »
0-9 it think its a yes hahah

Dasubliminal

• Minecraft moderator
    • dasub.com
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2011, 01:01:56 am »
Yeah it's pretty decisive. Gonna sort out details (eg: Number of votes per promotion) and get some threads crankin'

Dasubliminal

• Minecraft moderator
    • dasub.com
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2011, 02:10:30 am »
K done. Read this post: http://voidrazor.net/forum/index.php?topic=58.0

Then visit this section of the forums to vote/apply for a promotion: http://voidrazor.net/forum/index.php?board=8.0

I'll chuck a few possible promotees up there now so you can have a look.